Faced with a complex maze of statutes, policies, and regulations that apply to government contracts, many companies look to Goodwin Procter to help them understand complex procurement regulations, synthesize solicitation requirements, interpret contract provisions, safeguard intellectual property, comply with socio-economic mandates, and fulfill reporting requirements. Clients can also rely on Goodwin’s talented advocates when disputes arise in connection with the award or performance of government contracts.
Goodwin Procter’s Government Contracts & Disputes practice has a remarkably diverse set of clients including those in the defense and aerospace, software and IT, healthcare, telecom and financial services industries.
Our attorneys quickly distill complex information into business-motivated solutions, including:
Counseling in connection with:
- Prime Contracting, Subcontracting, Joint Ventures and Teaming Arrangements
- The Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Bayh-Dole Act, CRADA, Licensing, and Technology Transfer Matters
- Patent Rights and Rights in Data and Software
- Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions, Due Diligence
- Compliance Counseling, Reporting Requirements, and Marking
- Investment in Government Contractors
- Intellectual Property Infringement by the Government
- False Claims Act, Qui Tam Actions, Anti-Kickback Act Claims
- Presentation of Claims to Contacting Officers
- Appeals to Agency Boards
- Claims within the Jurisdiction of the Court of Federal Claims