In the past 5 years, Goodwin Procter has advised on more than US$4 billion in India-focused investments and capital commitments. Our clients are thriving across Asia thanks to a dedicated team of more than 50 U.S.- and India-qualified lawyers who deliver outstanding localized service, combined with the quality and rigour of an award-winning global law firm.
We’ve been named as a leading law firm in India by the India Business Law Journal for 8 consecutive years, were awarded Deal of the Year in 2010 for our work on TA Associates’ investment into Micromax, and nominated for PE Deal of Year at the 2011 India M&A Atlas Awards for our work on TA Associates’ investment into Tega Industries.
Examples of our India-focused representations include:
- Advised on the largest private equity investment in the technology sector in India in 2009; a US$45 million minority investment in one of India’s leading mobile handset providers. Selected as Private Equity Deal of the Year by the India Business Law Journal
- Advised on a US$125 million pre-IPO investment in one of the largest and fastest growing providers of wireless communications services in India. Our representation included establishing an offshore structure and other investments by prominent investor entities in India and throughout Asia
- Advised on an equity investment into internet services company Consim Info Private Limited, developer of BharatMatrimony.com, one of the largest Indian matchmaking websites
- Advised a leading IT services company based in Bangalore, India, in its acquisition of a prominent international software vendor
- Advised a prominent U.S. investment bank on a complex joint venture in Hyderabad and Mumbai, and also a US$80 million minority investment in a leading provider of information technology and information technology-enabled services in India
- Advised on a sale to one of the top 4 Indian software products companies
- Advised on an equity financing for a prominent private infotech company which operates one of the most successful sales promotions, sample delivery and coupon delivery websites in India
- Advised on an acquisition of a leading Indian provider of platform solutions/software for the automation and compliance of clinical data analysis and reporting
- Advised on the sale of assets of a leading global education, testing and information provider to a large subsidiary of a major education technology company based in India
- Advised on an investment in a multinational Delhi-based healthcare and pharma company
- Advised on the formation of more than 20 Mauritius-based off shore private equity funds investing in India including preparation of fund agreements and offering documents, tax structuring and on-going compliance work
- Advised on the acquisition of a minority interest in a lauded microfinance institution with a mission of aiding the urban poor in India, with a focus on the Mumbai area
- Advised on a minority investment in a microfinance lending institution located in Bihar, India
- Advised on the formation of an advisory company in India and off shore investment vehicles, including complex cross-border tax and structuring matters
- Advised a global life sciences and biotech leader on matters regarding Indian operations
- Assisted in setting up a wholly owned subsidiary in India for a robust R&D operation in the life sciences sector
- Advised on drafting and implementation of a compliance program for a prominent healthcare provider’s operations in India (Bangalore) and the Philippines (Manila)
- Advised a large global private equity team on the acquisition of a Bangalore-based CRM software solutions provider
For more information about our India practice or to meet our regional team, contact Goodwin Procter’s Asia Practice Chair, Yash Rana, at +852 3658 5353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.