Mr. Pappas is the author of:
- “Syndication Nation: Borrower Issues in Syndicated Loans,” REsource: A Goodwin Procter Publication for the Real Estate Industry (Summer 2013)
- “Issues in Joint Venture Capitalization: May I Have Some More, Please?,” REsource: A Goodwin Procter Publication for the Real Estate Industry (Spring 2008)
- “Constructing and Modernizing Our Public Schools,” California Real Property Journal (Spring 2003)
- “The Independent Sector and the Tax Laws: Defining Charity in an Ideal Democracy,” Southern California Law Review (January 1991)
He has also been sourced or quoted in several publications, including the Los Angeles Business Journal, Real Estate Southern California, Real Estate Forum, Los Angeles Times and GlobeSt.com.
Mr. Pappas has delivered numerous lectures and presentations, including:
- “Reassessing Core vs. Value-Add vs. Opportunistic Investing for 2014,” 11th Annual IMN Winter Real Estate Opportunity Fund Forum (January 2014)
- "Commercial Real Estate Financing 2012: Getting Back to Business," PLI Seminar (February 2012)
- "Dealing with Troubled Assets: The Equity Holder/Buyer Perspective," IMN Winter Forum on Real Estate Opportunity & Private Fund Investing (January 2012)
- "Negotiating the Joint Venture Agreement: Contributions, Exit Rights and Related Remedies," Diamonds in the Rough: Finding Opportunities in a Changing Market sponsored by State Bar of California Real Property Law Section (April 2011)
- “Building Owners at Risk: Surviving Distress,” GlobeSt.com webcast (May 2009)
- Additional presentations before the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL), the California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO), the USC Gould School of Law, the UCLA School of Law, the UCLA Anderson School of Management, the IMN Western Borrowers' & Investors’ Forum on Real Estate Mezzanine Loans.
While attending law school, Mr. Pappas served as notes editor of the USC Law Review.