Leading by Example.
As the first AmLaw 100 law firm to be headed by a woman, Goodwin Procter has long led by example. Chairman Emeritus Regina M. Pisa, former chairman and managing partner, has been a beacon for women’s leadership at the firm for more than 18 years, and both she and Goodwin Procter are highly committed to the advancement of women, not only at the firm, but also within the field of law.
The Women’s Initiative.
Goodwin Procter’s Women’s Initiative is focused on maximizing networking, business development and career opportunities for women attorneys at the firm, with a particular focus on their retention, advancement and leadership. The Initiative is chaired by partners Laura Hodges Taylor, Deborah Birnbach and Lisa Haddad and includes attorneys – women and men – from every office and department at the firm. The Initiative provides mentorship and sponsorship opportunities, and also delivers workshops and seminars that address relevant topics such as women in leadership, developing sponsor relationships, brand-building, business development skills and work-life balance.
Sponsorships and Accolades.
The following is a representative list of our firm memberships and recent sponsorships:
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
- Diversity & Flexibility Alliance
- Catalyst, Inc.
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- ChIPs Women in IP
- Lean In
- Working Mother Magazine
- American Bar Association Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award
Goodwin has been recognized by many organizations for the firm’s commitment to advancing women in the legal profession. Recent accolades include:
- “Best Law Firm for Women” by Working Mother Magazine & Flex-Time Lawyers.
- “Gold Standard Certification” from Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- “Top 10 Family Friendly Law Firms” by Yale Law Women
- “Superior Performance in Gender Parity in Partner Promotions” from Yale Law Women
- “Top Law Firm for Women” by Multicultural Law Magazine