Leading by Example.
As the first AmLaw 100 law firm to be led by a woman, Goodwin Procter has long been a leader by example. Chairman Emeritus Regina M. Pisa, formerly chairman and managing partner, has been a beacon for women’s leadership at the firm for more than 16 years and both she and Goodwin Procter are highly committed to the advancement of women, not only at the firm, but also within the field of law.
Goodwin Procter’s Women’s Initiative is focused on maximizing networking, business development and career opportunities for women attorneys at the firm, with a particular focus on their retention, advancement and leadership. The Initiative includes partners and associates – women and men – from every office and department in the firm. The Initiative provides mentorship and sponsorship opportunities, and also delivers workshops and seminars that address relevant topics such as women in leadership, developing sponsor relationships, brand-building, business development skills and work-life balance.
Goodwin has been recognized by many organizations for the firm’s commitment to advancing women in the legal profession. Recent accolades include:
- “Best Law Firm for Women” by Working Mother Magazine & Flex-Time Lawyers.
- “Gold Standard Certification” from Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- “Top 10 Family Friendly Law Firms” by Yale Law Women
- “Superior Performance in Gender Parity in Partner Promotions” from Yale Law Women
- “Top Law Firm for Women” by Multicultural Law Magazine